Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Top five (ish) from Blood Sweat & Beers



 A fair while ago , I sung the praises of a book called Blood Sweat & Beers and the writer thereof Murray Engleheart...go look it up I'll wait.......




Back?, bonz.....So I did the Hush blogaroo the other day and I am in the middle of re-reading said tome , so I thought what the hell, I'll do a top five (ish) of the guys that are in the book .

So here we go , lets kick off with 



LIBERATE ROCK



Loydy was the grand master of earth shattering volume , it was his goal in life I reckon to make a amp stack burst into flame , hell, maybe he did I dunno, I do know he done quite possibly my fave Aussie rock song EVER...LIBERATE ROCK




SHYLOCK






Before Pete Wells founded Rose Tattoo, he was a member of what press at the time called Aussies answer to Black Sabbath , that being Buffalo , dunno about that , but I do know Volcanic Rock (apart from the highly suggestive cover) is a deadset pile of awesome tunes ...and my top song on there is SHYLOCK




ROCK N ROLL CITY 




We all know what I think of Thorpey, its all his fault that im a volume addict, him and the Aztecs grabbed hold of my hearing and said "hang on son, this could get loud" and he wasnt wrong , my fave tune of thorpeys is probably ROCK N ROLL CITY...maybe




NICE BOYS



Wellsy left Buffalo and somehow and somewhere hooked up with Angry Anderson from Buster Brown and a couple other deadset lunatics and formed The Tatts , the Tatts proceede to scare the shit outta of polite society AND killed the contents of the fish tank at The Bondi Lifesaver (allegedly), Petes gone now but the Tatts are still going and Angers dont look like pulling up stumps anytime soon




AM I EVER GONNA SEE YOUR FACE AGAIN



You may have seen my Angels at Narara blogaroo the other day , so I wont blather endlessly about the greatness that was and is this iconic pack of noise merchants , you know the tunes you know the story so all that left to say is Rock In Peace Doc and Chris




NO SECRETS 




ROCK N ROLL LADY by BUSTER BROWN
(sung by Angry pre Tatts)




BUFFALO 
Sunrise (come my way)









Seeya next time
Recky

No comments:

Post a Comment